Beaver Dam Fire Department
309 W. 2nd Street
Beaver Dam, KY 42320
270-274-3167 - Office
270-274-3167 - Fax
Note: Fire dues are paid annually at a charge of $30.00 per fiscal year. Dues are to be paid by July 1st of each year. Should you have any questions concerning your fire dues, contact Mary Wallace at 270-274-7106.
- Chief Chris Shephard
- Deputy Chief Harrison Taylor
- Assistant Chief Charlie Shields
- Captain David Stevens Jr
- 1st Lieutenant: Zach Sayler
- 2nd Lieutenant Dakota Bratcher
Tips for Scene Awareness:
The Beaver Dam Fire Department requests your assistance when you see them responding to an accident/fire scene. Your help is needed in order to make it a safer situation for everyone.
- Slow down and STOP if necessary
- Look for changes in traffic pattern
- Look for personnel directing traffic
- Proceed through scene when directed to do so
- Watch for emergency personnel walking around the scene
- Watch for emergency vehicles arriving & departing
- Stare or gawk while your vehicle is in motion
- Stop your vehicle completely just to stare
- Make any sudden movements with your vehicle
- Honk your horn. This will distract emergency personnel
- Disregard the directions of the emergency personnel
Fire Safety Checklist For Parents:
- Keep all lighters and matches in a locked or high cabinet and teach children not to play with them.
- Educate children to stay away from hot things on the stove or outside grill. Turn pot handles toward the back of the stovetop.
- If you have very young children, place childproof plugs in any unused socket outlets.
- Keep portable heaters at least three feet away from anything that can burn. Let children know that they shouldn't touch or play near them.
- Install smoke detectors on every level of your home and near each bedroom.
- Have a fire escape plan and a meeting place for everyone to go to. Practice your escape plan often.
- List emergency numbers near each phone. Teach children to dial 9-1-1 in an emergency.
- Teach children to STOP, DROP and ROLL if their clothes catch on fire.