Beaver Dam incorporated 124 years ago and in 1873 grew from a small but zealous congregation of Baptists who had their organizational beginning in the section near the dam on Beaver Creek near the present church edifice. From this humble beginning has risen a progressive, alive town.
Teamwork and cooperation are the key factors to Beaver Dam’s thrust forward. In a few short years, Beaver Dam has become the home of six manufacturing plants, two progressive shopping centers, dozens of new homes and updated downtown shops. Many progressive civic organizations and government leaders have worked for progress in every aspect of the city’s growth from recreation to education.