About Beaver Dam
City of Beaver Dam Facts:
- Commission form of Government
- Largest City in Ohio County
- Located approx. 2 mi from intersection of WK Parkway & Natcher; approx. 3 mi from Bluegrass Crossings Industrial Park.
- P & L Railroad runs thru the City of Beaver Dam
- 133 Businesses within the city limits
- 6 Industries within corporate city limits (manufacturer of non-woven disposable fabric; industrial hard chrome plating; dishwasher racks; disposal of medical waste; sheltered workshop-assembly of pallets; and a manufacturer of stair treads, door frames & thresholds)
- Ohio County High School (1,100 students)
- Ohio County Middle School (650 students)
- Beaver Dam Elementary (519 students)
- Downtown area consists primarily of family owned and operated businesses. Fast becoming an antique area; home of the Beaver Dam Café, which was featured on a KET documentary as one of the most unique diners in the state of Kentucky.
- Recognized as a Renaissance City in August 2006.
- Annual Events include the Strawberry Festival held over Memorial Day weekend and Downtown Christmas Celebration, always held on the first Friday night in December.